Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Walking in the rain

I completely detested my habit of getting up late and then rushing through things. I vowed to change. Though I have been trying to change it for years yet.."tomorrow I will " never actually arrived. Typical you know!..but today..I woke up at 5..a mission I thought..now or never. Actually I read a lot of motivating proverbs and sayings to myself before I went to sleep last night,though the motivation was about to fall into deaf ears when the alarm 'roughly and harshly cried aloud' ( I thought so for a moment)..yet I was up. Washed my face with more force of water than ever, put on my tracks and shoes and off I went. Secretly I glanced at the soft bed and pillows ,somewhere they were unhappy that I let them go so early! I was walking down the road. Put on my earplugs and switched to my favorite song "You are my theme for the dream". But somehow it was not going with the morning serenity. I switched it off. Chirping of the birds, some known mostly unknown soothed my ears, somehow they were welcoming I thought to see this stranger. Their morning chores had already started!..I was new to find out..so many variety of them flew around, so pretty so charming..how did I miss that! Platoon of heavy boots passed by me, it was their usual morning PT time and some every vehicles occasionally disturbed the morning quietness. I walked far.morning breeze gently kissed my cheeks.I felt my mother touching me. I looked up and asked, Is that you , maa? It started to shower. I slowed down. I wanted to enwrap every bit of nature ,feel it,touch it..and drench in it allover. I wanted to walk more...and just wished time to halt at 5.30 am...morning is so full of promise, impeccable, honest, pure...full of forgiveness. 
A wonder. I looked up to the sky, and said " Maa you always wanted me to get up early..now I know why...is it too late, maa?...The sun came out behind the clouds.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment